Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Financial Support
DVA Income Support
DVA Income Support covers a wide range of payments and benefits that you and your family may be able to access, including;
- Service Pension
- Incapacity Payments
- Veteran Payment
- Crisis Payment
DVA provides this information broken down into policy documentation and eligibility criteria outlined.
DVA Payment Rates
The DVA ‘rate charts’ can help veterans estimate or compare how much DVA may pay you based on your current situation and these charts show DVA’s limits on age, disability, injury, income and more.
- Compensation payment rates for DRCA &the Defence Act
- Compensation payment rates for MRCA
- How couples can work out payable Service Pension
- How payments are calculated under the VEA
- Rates for the Disability Pension and War Window(er)’s Pension
- Summary of pension rates, limits and allowances.
DVA Financial Support for Families
DVA provides pensions, education schemes and payments to support eligible family members of veterans who meet certain criteria.
DVA Gold Card/White Card Discounts and Concessions
Discounts & Concessions – https://www.dva.gov.au/financial-support/discounts-and-concessions
Throughout Australia there are discounts and concessions available to DVA Gold Card/White Card holders, and this information is kept up to date by DVA. It must be noted that these discounts and concessions are set fourth be each individual state, and will vary accordingly from state to state.
DVA Administrative Support
Through the DVA Appeals process you can ask DVA to review your claim if you disagree with the decision. DVA provides information on;
- Helping to understand a decision
- How to appeal a claim decision
- Reconsiderations and review of decisions
- Requesting a review of DVA’s decision
- Legislation for reviews and appeals
- Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT)
DVA Veteran Card
ADF Permanent Pay Rates Table
Rental Allowance Calculator
ADF Pay and Conditions
ADF Overseas Deployments & Postings
Defence Service Centre
1800 333 362 (1800 DEFENCE)